Dr. Ahmed Abdul-Rida Yaseen Al-Waaly
Lecturer in the College of Engineering
Surname : Al-Waaly
Forename(s) : Ahmed Abdul-Rida
Nationality : Iraqi
Contact address: Mechanical Engineering Department, College of Engineering, University of Wasit, Al-Kut, Wasit, Iraq.
- B.Sc. in mechanical engineering / Nahrain University/ Baghdad / Iraq on 20/7/1993.
- M.Sc. in mechanical engineering / Nahrain University/ Baghdad / Iraq on 19/2/1996.
- PhD in mechanical engineering / University of Glasgow / College of Science and Engineering /School of Engineering / on 28/10/2015, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- CMI Level 3 Award in the First Line Management (QCF), No. 500/4119/8 issued on 04/09/2013, Charted Management Institute (CMI), United Kingdom.
- CMI Level 3 Award in the Project Management (QCF), No. 501/1308/2 issued on 21/11/2014, Charted Management Institute (CMI), United Kingdom.
Turbomachinery, Thermal Engineering, CFD finite elements analysis using COMSOL Multiphysics software.
- 2003- 2005: lecturer of in the college of Science / Wassit University.
- July/ 2005- September/ 2005: Manager of the internet unit / Head of Wassit university.
- September / 2005 – June /2006: lecturer (computer science) in the college of Arts / Wassit University.
- 08/12/2008 – 07/10/2009: Head of engineering department/ Wassit university.
- Fluid Tutorial, 3rd year
- Thermodynamics Laboratory demonstration, first year, 2012-2014, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow.
- CFD Demonstration, fourth year, 2014, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow.
- June / 2006- till now: lecturer in the mechanical engineering department -college of engineering.
Publications,conferences and Event participation:
- Ahmed A. Yaseen, “Exergy Analysis of a Single-shaft Gas Turbine Power Plant with Steam Injection”, Journal Wassit for Science and Medicine, V1, No.2, August 2008.
- Ahmed A. Yaseen, ” Exergy Analysis for The Second South of Baghdad Gas Turbine Power Plant“, The Second Scientific Conference of Wassit University, 2009.
- Ahmed A. Yaseen, “Exergy Analysis of a Two-shaft Gas Turbine Power Plant with Steam Injection”, Journal of Engineering / Baghdad University/ 2009.
- 24th Scottish Fluid Mechanics Meeting, 25th May 2011, POSTER, Strathclyde University, Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- Iraqi Cultural Attaché Conference for Engineers, 1-2/10/2011, POSTER College of London, London, United Kingdom.
- 25th Scottish Fluid Mechanics Meeting, 30th May 2012, POSTER, Heriot Watt University, Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom.
- Ahmed A.Y. AlWaaly, Manosh C. Paul, Phillip S. Dobson, “Effect of thermocouple electrical insulation on the measurement of surface temperature”, 13th UK Heat Transfer Conference (UKHTC2013), 2nd – 3rd September 2013, London, United Kingdom.
- Ahmed A.Y. AlWaaly, Manosh C. Paul, Phillip S. Dobson, “Liquid Cooling of Non-Uniform Heat flux of Chip Circuit by Submicrochannels”, 1st-2nd of June 2014, Conference on Advances In Civil, Structural And Mechanical Engineering- CSM 2014/Westminster University), London, United Kingdom.
- Ahmed A.Y. AlWaaly, Manosh C. Paul, Phillip S. Dobson, “Effects of thermocouple electrical insulation on the measurement of surface temperature”, Applied Thermal Engineering 89 (2015) p.p.421-431.
Courses undertaken at University of Glasgow
|Advanced linux||8th Dec 2010|
|Using Moodle to enhance student learning||14 December 2010|
|Elements of Probability and Statistics for Ph.D. Students in Engineering||9th May-13th May 2011|
|GTA development: Giving Lectures||22 March 2012|
|Fire Safety Course||14/08/2012|
|Presenting with impact||28/11/2012|
|Postgrduate leadership programme/Day1||23/01/2013|
|Postgrduate leadership programme/Day2||13/02/2013|
|Postgrduate leadership programme/Day3||06/03/2013|
|Postgrduate leadership programme/Day4||27/03/2014|
- Iraqi engineering union (assistant engineer), No.(70026).
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Associate Member, No.(6239347) (previously).
- IMechE, Associate/Affiliate Member, No.(80008961), (previously).
Official Email : email@example.com
إذا كنت تدريسياً في الجامعة يمكنك الآن مليء استمارة الموقع الإلكتروني الخاص بالتدريسين ومراجعة مركز الحاسوب لتأكيد الطلب